The primary-of-its-kind program accepted applications earlier this year from startups using technology to build sports and entertainment-related products and services. The 10 collaborating corporations get workspace in R/GA’s Los Angeles offices, access to mentors and support from the Dodgers and R/GA, and $20,000 in funding (together with the choice to accept a $100,000 convertible debt note). The 3-month program ends with a Demo Day in November at Dodger Stadium.
Mentors include people like Dodgers owner and NBA legend Magic Johnson, MLB Advanced Media CEO Bob Bowman, Los Angeles Lakers president Jeanie Buss, and lots of more.
The businesses, which vary from early and later-stage, include those working with community sports, athlete recruiting, advanced analytics for fantasy sports, team and athlete performance management, peer-to-peer fantasy gaming, next-generation customer analytics, live-event POS, social fan polling, and more. Here they’re:
- Appetize: POS, mobile-ordering, and inventory management
platform for live events.
- Doorstat: Helps businesses and types higher recognize foot traffic, customer demographics, and customer behavior through a proprietary technology solution.
- FieldLevel: Personal social network for sports recruiting that connects coaches and helps college groups find the best athletes for his or her programs.
- FocusMotion: Complete solution that makes it straightforward to track and analyze movements, gestures, and exercises with wearables.
- Kinduct: Develops connected health, fitness and human performance software solutions that help make people higher.
- LeagueApps: Platform enabling native sports organizers to create and manage superb sports experiences.
- ProDay: Mobile app that lets anybody work out with skilled athletes. Anytime. Anywhere.
- SidePrize: Facilitates aspect challenges for your fantasy league.
- Swish Analytics: Algorithm-driven tools for every day fantasy players, and fans.
- Yezno: Social platform that permits sports fans to poll, interact and debate one another.